Sunday, November 19, 2006

Scala Genau!

Scala. Having heard about it for a while (and since I already indulge some in functional programming language explorations from time to time), I decided to check it out a little closer. I saw some stuff on Google Video too. It looks pretty smart. Perhaps even so nice that stuff like Jython, JRuby, Rhino (js) and Groovy (how you doin'?) could seem a little less of an obvious "next step". (And I've been using Jython to alleviate the pains of Java The Language for years..) Now, that sentiment is likely a result of my recent interest in OCaml though, so take it with a pinch of salt. But if the main man behind it can use it to Pimp my Library, I mean.. sweet. And, oh, seriously.. If this doesn't sell it, I can't say what would:
Our P+R department has recommended we popularize our language with a charts-compatible techno-dance-trance song.
So they did: "Scala - genau!"

That made my Saturday.

No comments: